International Students are an asset to our campus for a variety of reasons. While a student is here studying from another country, our desire is to provide a holistic support network to make the transition to the US as smooth as possible.
International students must complete the same admissions process as domestic freshman or transfer students. Additionally, international students must fulfill the following requirements:
- Affidavit of Financial Support. Submit annual financial certification showing financial sponsorship for duration of planned study. Financial aid, with the exception of institutional talent scholarships, is not available for international students.
- Deposit. For Fall students, submit a check in US dollars to cover 70% of basic costs of first academic year before the I-20 form is issued. For Spring students, submit a check in US dollars to cover 100% of basic costs of the Spring semester before the I-20 form is issued.
- TOEFL. International students for whom English is not their native language are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and submit their scores to the Undergraduate Admissions Office. A score of at least 550 on the paper-based test, 213 on the computer-based test, or 80 on the internet-based test, is required for admission to Western Covenant University.
- Transferring. To become eligible for transfer to WCU from another American college, approval must be obtained from the previous school attended and the US Immigration and Naturalization Service.
- Full-time. International students must maintain a minimum of twelve (12) units each semester for undergraduate degrees, and nine (9) units each semester for graduate degrees.
Once you have been admitted to WCU, your admissions counselor will request your I-20 from the GEO Office and you will need to request its shipment. For options and instructions on shipping methods, please see the I-20 Shipment Options.